HP Printer Installation help
Step By Step Guidance For HP Printer Installation
Step 1 : Connect your printer to the computer
USB connection to your computer
Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer , and then to the computer.
- If a Found new hardware window displays, follow any prompts to install the driver, and then try to print.
- If you can use your printer, your driver installed,and you do not need to continue with the steps in this document. Continue to the frequently asked questions in this document for more information.
- If you cannot use your printer, continue to the next step.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to your network
Connect the printer to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Connect the printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard
Use the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer to connect the printer to your network.
- Gather the following items:
- Network name (SSID)
- Network security password (WEP key or WPA passphrase)
- A computer that is connected to your wireless network
- Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation
- Make sure the printer, router, and computer are on.
- Make sure the computer and printer are connected to
the same wireless network.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Setup, Network, or Wireless
- Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
Wired connection to your network
Connect the printer and the computer to your router with a standard Ethernet cable.
Step 1: Prepare for the connection
Before installing the driver, make sure you have a functioning network router and an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure you have a network router with available Ethernet ports.
- Make sure your computer is connected to the router if it is not already connected.
- Obtain an Ethernet cable. Do not use a standard telephone cable.
- Ethernet cable: Connector is wide and has eight wires
- Telephone cable (do not use): Connector is narrow and has between two and six wires
Step 2: Connect the printer to the network
Use the Ethernet cable to connect the printer to your wired router.
- Turn on the printer.
- Remove any plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the rear of the printer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the printer and an available port on the router.
Step 3. Install the print driver with the Add a Printer wizard
Use the Windows Add a Printer wizard to install the built-in print driver.
Wireless or wired network connection (Windows 10, 8)
Install the built-in print driver over a network connection with Windows 10 or Windows 8.
- Search Windows for control, and then click Control Panel in the results.
- Click View devices and printers.
- Click Add a printer.
Choose a device or printer to add to this PC window opens.
- If your printer is in the list, select it, click Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- If your printer is not in the list, continue to the next step.
- 4. Click The printer I want isn’t listed, and then select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
5. Click Next.
6. Select the port to be used by your printer, such as USB001 for a USB connected printer, and then click Next.
- Click Windows Update, and then wait for the print drivers to update.
- Click HP, Hewlett-Packard, or Hewlett Packardin the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers
- If your printer is not in the list, click the back arrow in the upper left corner of the window two times to return to the Find a printer by other options step, and then continue to the next step.
9. Select Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname, and then click Next.
10. Select Auto Detect from the Device type drop-down list.
- Type your printer IP address into the text box, and then click Next.
If you unable to find the printer IP address, then print a Wireless Network Test report or a Network Configuration page.
12. Wait for the computer to connect to the printer, and then click Next to install the print driver.
Step 4: Print document
Print to make sure that your printer is working.
- If you can print, the print driver installed and is working.
- If you cannot print, continue to the frequently asked questions for help.
Step 5. Scan a document (if supported)
Scan a document to make sure the scanner is working.
- If you can scan, the built-in driver installed and is working.
- If you cannot scan, continue to the frequently asked questions for help.
For more Help & Support Dial 1-855-924-8222 HP Printer Support Phone Number
Submit your review